Best & Worst Hockey Arena's in the NHL
Since I haven’t been to all of em’ please feel free to fill in the blanks with the one’s I’ve missed.
I’m ranking these arena’s using ticket prices, overall look, visibility, anemnity’s (man did I butcher that word) and overall experience.
Please feel free to share your experiences at certain arenas and give your own ranking as well.
1. Arrowhead Pond (Mighty Ducks) A beautifull arena with great sight lines, easily accesable, it’s by far one of the finest arena’s in sports. The marble floors, clean exterior and interior show that Disney touch to the place. Unfortunatly it doesn’t make up for the horrible hockey played on the ice.
2. Air Canada Centre (Maple Leafs) Wonderfull arena (if you can get tickets and parking) Every inch of the Air Canada Centre has been thought through. Easy to get around, lines weren’t that bad for food and souvenirs. Only complaint was that the bathrooms were too small. Anyone else agree with me?
3. First Union Center (Flyers) Great place as long as you can take out a mortgage to get good seats. Parking isn’t that bad, Clean well kept, and great signage (hehe, pats himself on the back) Prices tend to get a bit ridiculous, and the fact that up in the booneys they actually rent binoculars to you is a little much, but a beautifull place.
4. MCI Center (Capitals) Easy to get in and out, prices wern’t that bad. Everything was easy to see. Only complaint was the seats wer extreemly uncomfortable, way too close togethor and small, but it didn’t deter from the overall experience.
5. United Center (BlackHawks) It was easy to get tickets (hehe) It was very easy to get in and out. Great parking. Very clean, but not very excited crowd. Having been to a Bears game I was expecting the fans to be more exciteable. I was down low but I can imagine up top there might be trouble seeing well. Kind of expensive too.
6. Fleet Center (Bruins) What they didn’t have any room so they built the place straight up? Driving was a royal pain in the a
a$$! Expensive but pretty shiney new arena is nice. Fans were surprisingly in to the game much more than many other games I’ve been to. Just way too high up to see if your in the cheap seats
7. Pepsi Center (Avalanche) Good god can they make their seats any smaller?? As beautifull as the arena is (and it is a nice one) the minute you sit down it’s all over! And the steep incline walking up th the nose bleeds (where we sat) made me wanna keel over and die half way up, and I’m in my mid twenties and in good shape.
8. Nassau Coliseum (Islanders) I’m a little biased since I got luxury suite tickets every game I’ve been to, but since I’m trying to be objective, it’s time for a new arena. Sad looking, needs desperate repairs. But it’s easy to get to. And for all you Islander fans out there take a real good look at their new menuboards this year. Especially the players helmets and eyeballs, (if you can see that good) there’s a little surprise snuck in to them (hehehe)
9. Mellon Arena (Penguins) Wow those are some great fans! And the graphics on the awnings over the concession stands are great too (hehe once again patting myself on the back) but everything else sucks!! It really does! The place does have a good vibe to it during games though.
10. Madison Square Garden (Rangers) Great atmosphere, very accessble IF YOU CAN GET FREAKIN TICKETS!! The place is really a neat place but the prices and the inaccessability of tickets make it all a wash! And don’t eat the food (trust me). Just too expensive which is ashame because hockey is a really enjoyable experience there.
11. Continental Airlines Arena (Devils) A hockey wasteland! The arena sucks! The management refuses to put a dime into the place and it shows. The place just isn’t very nice. Even with the free 9th row, center ice tickets I used to get, it wasn’t that enjoyable a time. Add in the ridiculous prices, the bad food and the hoo hum crowd, and you should just skip this one.
So there you have it. Please rank your teams arena as well! Or let me know how right or wrong I am (preferably right). Thanks.