Emery Trade Talk? Rangers Continue To Want A DMan? Ryder Available?
– According to the Ottawa Sun, the Sens have been shopping G Ray Emery around the league. Emery hasn’t played well after off-season wrist surgery and didn’t do himself any favors by showing up late for practice the day after a reported stick-breaking tantrum.
– The New York Post noted that the Rangers may be interested in picking up a Blue Jackets defencemen; either Adam Foote or Rostislav Klesla. Foote does have a no-trade clause and is in the final year of his deal with Columbus, but the Columbus Dispatch reports that the Jackets are also likely to start talks with Foote on an extension to keep him in Ohio. The Dispatch does throw some different names into the mix, mentioning Rangers LW Petr Prucha coming to CBJ for veteran Czech RW David Vyborny.
– According to the Montreal Gazette, the Rangers have inquired about Canadiens RW Michael Ryder, who has not been performing well throughout the season, but after this weeks four-points in three games, Ryder could be sticking around now.
– The Edmonton Journal notes that Dick Tarnstrom could be moved by the Oilers, especially once Matt Greene returns from injury to give them a full complement along the blueline.
– As the Maple Leafs continue to struggle, Toronto papers have been more inclined to mention the possibilty of Mats Sundin getting dealt before the deadline.
– Rob Blake admitted, to the Denver Post, that he would consider waiving his no-trade clause in order to accept a trade before the deadline.
– The St Paul Pioneer Press notes that veteran D Keith Carney “has deadline trade written all over him.”
– The Ducks may simply have been looking for more financial flexibility, but Brandon Bochenski may get an opportunity to play in a scoring role for the Ducks. Right now, the Ducks have just four forwards that have scored six goals or more for the season, so there is a need for anyone with a finishing touch. The Bruins, needing to make up for three injuries along the blueline, see Hnidy as a cost-effective solution to their immediate depth issues.