My Realistic 2006 Solution
Too many time I come on here and see teams that people create that wouldnt be realistic in the old NHL nevermind the New one so heres my idea of what JFJ should do for next year.
1) Trade Jason Allison before this year is over so that they can get a bit of room under the cap without his bonuses comming in.
2) Fire Pat Quinn. He may be a good coach but he’s plain and simply not getting the job done. Bring Paul Maurice up from the Marlies and give him a fair shot.
3) Let these free agents take a long walk of a short peer:
-Nik Antropov (He’s restricted so maybe trade for a draft pick or prospect of some sort)
4) I really don’t see ANY good prospects in the leafs farm system that any tallent can come back for so the rebuilding and reconstructiong of the team will be done through free agency.
5) Sign these players:
6) Your team should look like this
Tucker – Sundin – Selanne
Steen – Lindros – Carter
Ponikarovsky – Perrault – O’neill
Stajan – Wellwood – Domi
Kaberle – McCabe
Redden – Jackman
Hill – Colaiacovo