16 Responses to Do you think that the Oilers made the right goalie move by signing Ilya Bryzgalov?

1. leafs_wallace93 says:

Deadline deals

Tor
    Phaneuf

Col
    ROR

Tor
    Kulemin

Pit Orpik

Tor
    Bozak

Nash
    2nd

Weird, I suggested a Kulemin for Orpik swap the other day during the Leafs game.

Love this sequence of trades by the way.

J.V.R. – O’Reilly – Kessel
      Lupul – Kadri – Clarkson
      Raymond – Bolland – McClement
      McLaren – Smithson – Orr + Ashton

Orpik – Gunnarsson
      Fraser – Franson
      Rielly – Gardiner
      Ranger – Liles

Bernier
      Reimer

Not bad!

• leafs_wallace93 says:

Thought I’d get roasted for suggesting Phaneuf for ROR but has anyone looked at Colorado’s blueline? They could use Liles it’s awful. I’m excited to see the Avs go on a losing streak after they exposed.

Was reading HFboards and Colorado fans all say that the Leafs must offer at least Rielly to even get Statsny, American fans, so cute when they try to talk hockey.

Colorado is going down soon. They’ll be okay, but they are definitely playing way over their heads. Totally agree.

• leafy says:

Yeah, unless Colorado’s goaltending continues it’s .945 save % (no. 1 in the NHL right now), hard to believe they’ll sustain this. Sooner or later their goalies are going to show they’re human.

• TmLeafan says:

I agree the Avs will drop off a little bit but if you watch them play they are the real deal this year. They have a ton of fast forwards which puts less pressure on their defence. Duchene is also playing as well as anybody in the league right now, he should be a lock for the Olympic team.

Really like the O’reilly trade idea as well. He would be a perfect fit being good on draws and a complete player who is not as inept offensively as Bozak.

Another idea: Vancouver really falls apart before the deadline ( they probably won’t and this trade will most likely be impossible):

Van:
              Gauthier, Bozak, 1st rd pick 2014

Tor
              Kesler

Kesler would be a good fit for same reasons as O’reilly only a faster skater.

• leafs_wallace93 says:

Kesler has a ton of injury issues, I don’t want to burn two 1sts on a guy with only a couple good years left in the tank if that.

Can’t see Nonis and Gillis making nice either.

• reinjosh says:

You know he was on pace for an entire 6 more points than Bozak last year right? And 4 less goals? The love affair for O’Reilly is a little ridiculous. Good player but he’s basically just a Tyler Bozak that’s a little better offensively and defensively. He’s not worth the extra cash.

• leafmeister says:

I don’t think resigning Phaneuf is that essential. This level of play is not his norm, and I think we all agree that Phaneuf in his typical form is not worth 7+. I’d resign him for 6.5, but not more.

Some people were saying that in a lot of ways Rielly is already the best d-man on the team, or at least the writing is on the wall. Obviously he has a lot of growing to do, but given the uncertainty of the cap they shouldn’t invest too much in Dion.

• reinjosh says:

No thanks to any of those. I don’t think they help us at all.

Losing Phaneuf hurts us far more than gaining O’Reilly does. Not to mention the love affair for O’Reilly is ridiculous. He’s pretty much Tyler Bozak. He’s good on faceoffs, and ok offensively. Plus he’s got a ridiculously high qualifying offer next year. You want to have to pay 6 million dollars for a 55 point center? No thank you. I’ll spend that 6 and a little more on my number 1 dman thnak you very much,.

2. Haha. At first, I thought this read Bozak for Nash + 2nd.

3. leafs_wallace93 says: