1. NHL trades could trump draft-day news
2. Tim Thomas following Craig Ramsay to the Atlanta?
3. Devils want Souray?
4. All’s Quiet (Almost) on Eve of NHL Draft
5. Dan Hamhuis’ neg rights to Canucks?
6. Could the Kings make a deal for Kovalchuk’s rights?
1. More Bruins-Oilers talk expected
2. Blues want to make a deal for Keith Ballard?
3. More Stuff from The Panthers at the NHL Draft
4. Clubs not lining up to acquire Spezza
5. Sources: Flyers Inquire About Boston Goalie Thomas
1. Trade rumors find Carter once again
2. Wild GM keeping his options open for trades, draft
3. Source: Savard, Thomas on trade block
4. Oilers fishing for another Round 1 pick
5. Who will Hawks move next?
Officially, the Toronto Maple Leafs’ Tomas Kaberl e hits the open market Friday, when his no-trade clause disappears for a six-week period, and the auction is underway in earnest.
A half-dozen teams have made firm offers for Kaberle, and six others have expressed an interest, according to Leafs general manager Brian Burke who, on Thursday afternoon, said nothing was close.
“This is not a transaction that is draft specific,” said Burke. “This is just as likely to happen after the draft or not happen at all, as it would happen here.”
“There’s no truth to it,” Leafs GM Brian Burke told ESPN.com on Wednesday.
That’s not to say Kaberle can’t end up a Bruin one day, but it won’t be for Savard. Kaberle is on the trade market; Burke has been up front about that all along. But the Bruins haven’t moved into the picture at this point. Burke took the time to fully update the Kaberle situation for us: