Russians Clamping Down On Transfers- May Lead to Amazing Draft News
“With the first overall pick in the 2004 NHL Draft, (ANY TEAM) picks, from Dynamo Moscow, Alexander Ovechkin!”
Well, that scenario might not work.
The transfer agreement between the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) and the NHL runs out this year, and the Russian Elite League (which Ovechkin plays in) is not wanting to be involved in transfer talks. It might take longer for those players in the Elite League to suit up in NHL jerseys. If this affects Ovechkin, then another player will fit in this scenario:
“With the first overall pick in the 2004 NHL Draft, (ANY TEAM) picks, from Dynamo Moscow, (ANY PROSPECT OTHER THAN OVECHKIN)!”
Some of those prospects are:
1. Al Montoya, ranked best N. American goalie by TSN
2. David Shantz, ranked 2nd best N. American goalie by TSN
3. Kyle Chipchura, ranked best N. American skater by TSN
4. Wojtek Wolski, ranked 3rd best N. American skater by TSN
5. Devan Dubnyk, ranked 3rd best N. American goalie by TSN
Sorry that I don’t have profiles about these players. However, this is my expected rankings on who gets drafted 1st if Ovechkin cannot get drafted.
God, that would be boring without any Euro players.
Your thoughts about this situation?