Author Archives: Trade Man
Rangers looking for another defenseman
Chamber of commerce eyes Islanders move to Queens
Kostitsyn reports to AHL; Habs promise trade
Goaltending already a problem for Leafs
Panthers, center Dominic Moore agree to contract
Drury absent from PP unit
Cherry rips NHLPA over Kelly’s firing
There was no team that underwent a greater facelift than the Montreal Canadiens.
With 12 UFAs let go and 7 veteran newcomers brought in, plus the addition of a new coach, this is definitely a new team in Montreal.
There have been some unimpressed by the moves made by Bob Gainey. The team got older, the team got much smaller, the team lacks French Canadians, the team lacks a captain. the team doesnt have a front line centre.
Peter Chiarelli must be salivating already.
The Boston Bruins GM, all but bullied into trading young sniper Phil Kessel to the Maple Leafs last month, can’t help but hope the Leafs have a lousy season – or two – since he and the Bruins own Toronto’s first-round pick for each of the next two years.
Last night, the Canadiens lost top defenseman Andrei Markov to a cut tendon from the skate blade of Carey Price, and he could be out four months.
1. Michael Nylander’s days with the Caps nearly done
2. Sens owner says Heatley left ‘sour taste’
3. Shanny opts out as Devils go with kids
4. Dallas Stars give Robidas four-year deal
When the John Ferguson era with the Toronto Maple Leafs ended in January 2008 the cupboards were bereft of youth, talent, depth and skill.
20 months and 2 GMs later, there is finally some sense of optimism, direction and hope in Leaf Nation.
Rich Chere/The Star-Ledger
There was speculation as to the status of veteran right winger Brendan Shanahan, who did not take part in Thursday morning’s Devils practice.
1. Kostitsyn’s career with Habs hangs in the balance
2. BAUM TURNS DOWN BOTH BIDS FOR PHOENIX COYOTES
3. Zubov asks Senators for trade
4. Dispute May Prevent Viewers From Watching N.H.L. Openers on DirecTV
5. Gainey, Martin question Leafs’ physical approach
6. Kovalchuk unlikely to re-sign by season opener
Former Avalanche star Peter Forsberg will be at the Pepsi Center on Thursday night, but not to resume his NHL career with the Avs.