Here are my thoughts on what Perreault brings to the Leafs:
1) #1 face-off man in the leauge – that's a huge bonus for Toronto.
2) offensively-minded playmaker – should improve Toronto's power play.
3) relies on skills rather than grit – won't spend much time in the penalty box.
4) doesn't match Peca's defensive skills, but has the ability to score 20-25 goals in the regular season – dependable 2nd line centre; especially if Peca is not available down the stretch or his injury keeps him out longer than expected.
5) has played for Toronto before – shouldn't take long to adjust.
On the flip-side, he's not a big centre, he's not a physical player and he's not known to possess strong defensive instincts. However, he helps fill a void that Toronto needed to address without sacrificing a 1st round-draft pick and/or a young "blue-chip" NHL'er.]]>