Luc Bourdon killed in motorcycle crash

tragic news for the Vancouver Canucks organization and it’s fans today as they learned that their top prospect defensemen, Luc Bourdon, has been killed in a motorcycle accident.

He was 21 and was expected to crack the lineup next season.

all our thoughts goes to Bourdon’s friends and family.

23 Responses to Luc Bourdon killed in motorcycle crash

1. habswinthecup-again says:

Terrible news, may God bless his family and loved ones.

2. hockey_lover says:

This is a terrible loss for his family, his friends, the Vancouver Canucks, and the hockey culture in general.

I believe the kid had a promising future career ahead of him.

G-d bless.

3. Mr_Canuck says:

Rest in Peace Bro

4. UsedandAbused says:

That is a shame. I hate hearing stuff life that.

5. Bure96 says:

Holy crap. He had a promising future ahead of him. R.I.P man.

This is why i’m never going to ride a motorcycle (although i’ve rode dirt bike’s). Remember what happend to Ben Roethlisberger? He was lucky…

6. careyprice31 says:

I was in shock when I heard this. This guy was gonna be huge. Tragic loss to the hockey world. Tragic loss to the world period.He was a good person. Condolences go out to him and his familly.

R.I.P Brother

7. Jrugges says:

Wow this really sux, From everything I was hearing he was suppose to turn out an be a stud defender sometime too.

8. Hoondog2 says:

Tragic news……my condolences to the Bourdon family, and Canuck fans everywhere!

9. HABSSTAR says:

I try to think of it like this:

He's playing hockey with some of the greats now, in a place where he'll have his hands full trying to stop the Rocket from cutting to the net hard.  He's on a defensive pairing with Tim Horton.  There's no helmets, no injuries and no instigator rule.

My prayers are with his family and loved ones.

10. LeafsNation91 says:

This is a very sad day for his family, hockey fans, the Vancouver Canucks and the entire organization.

I really liked this young player, he was supposed to be huge in the future for the Canucks as he was their top prospect and a very good player that was developing.

I was hoping at the trade deadline the Leafs were going to trade Sundin for him, because he was just that talented.

Its sad to see another young hockey player die, their has been to many in the last few years with Dan Snyder, Mickey Renaud and now Luc Bourdon, this is very sad to see as they all seem liked future great players.

I give my condolences to the family, as I know its hard to lose someone that is so close to you.

MAY GOD BLESS!!

P.S

What other bad news can be thrown to the Vancouver Canucks this season? Tis is the worst byfar as a life was tragically taken away. God bless.

11. Rico420 says:

It's always sad when it's a motorbike accident a good friend of mine died the same way and left a lot behind him as well – condolences go out to the friends and family of Luc Bourdon – maybe the Moose will retire his number next season?

12. SabresFan220 says:

Shocking and sad to see this tragedy on the news today in a world that needs no more bad news. I started thinking about some of the other players we've lost, Sergei Zholtok and Roman Lyashenko added to the list someone else posted. A terrible blow to hockey fans and Canuck fans alike, I think today we are all Vancouver Canuck fans. My condolences and prayers to the Bourdon family, friends, and the Vancouver Canuck family.

13. DJTOKid says:

Very sad. My blessings to all family and friends. I can see the no motor bike clause being put into every contract for pro athletes very soon.

14. hatterson says:

It's stuff like this that makes me not care very much that my Leafs suck.

RIP

15. BruMagnus says:

This is absolutely horrible news.
    Condolences to the Bourdon family.

16. avsjoendryan says:

Tragic news, and just when i thought nothing could get worse for Vancouver, a great young prospect is lost.

Personally I believed that this kid had alot going for him, I really enjoyed watching him play and came to the conclusion surronding his talents and eventually turning into a star in the league.

Unfortunate news God-bless and RIP Luc.

Thoughts go out to his family and loved ones.

17. hockeyhead says:

terrible.

a keeper on the blueline.

just senseless.

rip

18. lafleur10 says:

R.I.P luc you'll be missed!my thoughts and prayers and condolences go out to the bourdon family!sorry to hear about your tragic loss1 it will be felt throughout the hockey community and the canucks organization!  posters sorry for the long post this just hurts badly especially seeing this terrific young man die so tragically!(AGE 21) JUST A KID !!!!!SORRY GUYS! sory that this is long,my heart is broken over this and i feel for his family!

R.I.P.

GODBLESS,WE'LL MISS YOU!

19. leafy says:

Only 21 years old.  Very hard to accept.

20. buds8 says:

horrible, absolutely horrible news….my deepest condolences to the Bourdon family and friends as well as to the Canuck nation….RIP Luc!

21. justmisterp says:

all my thoughts for lucs family and friends, this guy had a great soul, his friends and family would say the same. This guy would have been a powerhouse in the nhl…..its a very sad tragedy. God bless his soul.

P.S: good job Roberts for convincing Letang not to by a motorcycle…..its time for the older guys to guide the youngsters in their everyday life.

22. justmisterp says:

That is exactly it man….this guys up there doing what he does best!

23. THEGREATHAB says:

As a fellow New Brunswicker,  the whole province is very saddened by this news.  My condolences to the entire Bordon family,  Luc was a class guy who willl be missed by all who knew him, and the entire hockey world.  RIP.