Making Sence out of the Chaos of these last few days!
WOW!! It’s been an amazing couple of days hasn’t it? Holik, Cujo, Kaspar so on and so forth…
What I’m gonna try and do is make some sence out of these last few days.
1. The Rangers sign Bobby Holik and Darius Kasparitus to huge exorbinant contracts. Hockey fans explode in an uproar over what these moves will do to the NHL. Will they shatter the NHL pay scale. What effects will this have on the CBA in a few years. Will the Rangers make the playoffs now? Well who cares? It makes for a more interesting Hockey season, and far more things to argue with Ranger fans about, and thats good!
(P.S. rumor has it the Rangers are on the verge of signing God to a 5 year/ 55 million dollar deal with a no trade clause.
2. Cujo goes to Hockeytown, while Crazy Eddie heads to Toronto. Well this just about guarantees the Wings win another cup don’t it? The Wings are not falling apart as many had predicted. In fact it’s reported that they just re-signed Chelios. To me Cujo is every bit as good as the Dominator and will fit in seamlessly in Detroit.
As for Belfour…Oh boy are Leafs fans gonna eat him up! The Leafs took a huge step backwards. Belfour is done!! Cujo was the reason the Leafs succeeded last year. Belfour can’t carry teams anymore, especially like Cujo did.
3. The Anaheim Mighty Ducks sign Adam Oates. Both Ducks fans were reportedly very happy upon hearing the news. Nobody else even realized there was an NHL team in Anaheim.
4. The Capitals sign Robert Lang to a 5 year 25 million dollar contract. Everyone got in such an uproar over the Holik signing this one kinda slipped bye. Let me ask you, is Robert Lang worth 25 million over five years?
5. The Flyers do nothing! Thats right, while every free agent under the sun is being snapped up Bobby Clarke is practicing his golf swing. I guess he figures the Power Play will fix itself. WHATS GOING ON WITH THE FLYERS?? Were they just caught napping? Do they have a big move up their sleeves? What? Can someone please enlighten me?
Well there you have it! Let me know what you think about these first few days of Free Agency. Let me know what you think will happen. Let me know what a jerk you think I am.